06 Aug Places to Visit with The Kids
Keeping children engaged after school, on the weekend, or while travelling can be a challenge, so finding new adventures that they can enjoy can really help. Here are some great spots for kids in the San Fernando Valley (SFV):
- Discovery Cube Los Angeles: A hands-on science center with interactive exhibits, live demonstrations, and educational programs aimed at inspiring curiosity and fostering scientific learning.
- The Getty Center: Although primarily an art museum, The Getty Center offers engaging family programs, interactive exhibits, and beautiful gardens that provide an educational and enriching experience for kids.
- Travel Town Museum: A railway museum featuring vintage trains and locomotives, Travel Town offers children the opportunity to learn about the history of rail transportation through exhibits, guided tours, and a miniature train ride.
- The Wildlife Learning Center: Located in Sylmar, this wildlife sanctuary allows children to learn about various animal species through interactive exhibits and up-close encounters with rescued and rehabilitated animals.
- Leonis Adobe Museum: A living history museum in Calabasas, Leonis Adobe provides children with a glimpse into the past by showcasing the historical buildings, livestock, and artifacts from the late 1800s.
- The Autry Museum of the American West: Located in Griffith Park, the Autry Museum offers engaging exhibits, workshops, and live performances that explore the history, art, and cultures of the American West.
The Valley is a great place to enjoy with kids so go out there and Discover SFV!